» PID - WHAT'S THAT? «
If the modules have a negative potential to earth in operation, there is an equally high negative voltage between the cells of the PV module and the aluminum frame.As a result, electrons from the materials used module can separate, follow this electric field and finally flow out via the aluminum frame (leakage currents). The result is an increasing charge (polarization) of the module.
» A PV MODULE DEGRADATION CAUSED BY
POLARIZATION AND LEAKAGE CURRENTS «
- The quality of your modules (e.g. the material composition).
- The system configuration (e.g. the length of the module strings, the inverter type).
- Climatic conditions (High ambient temperature, high irradiation, high humidity, ...).
- Falling performance of your photovoltaic system by up to 50% in a very short time.
- Permanent damage to the photovoltaic modules.
- Earnings losses and declining returns can put your loan repayment at risk.
- Increasing the entire PV generator to a high positive potential relative to the earth potential by using the Float Controller.
- Use of PV system monitoring for the continuous supervision of earnings.
- Immediate PID protection for your photovoltaic system.
- Regeneration of your pv-installation on up to 100% of the nominal capacity.
- Securing your returns.
» THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR PLANT AGAINST PID
BUT JUST ONE REASONABLE «
» PREVENTS DURING DAYTIME, RECOVERS DURING NIGHTTIME «
DAY MODE (Float Controller CI)
The Float Controller CI also offers the possibility of daytime operation. By increasing the positive potential to max. 960V, the modules have no negative potential relative to earth during operation and are therefore in a permanently safe condition Due to that PID and TCO can be prevented from happening.
Especially for constuction of new PV plants this functionality offers big advantages, exceptionally by using thin film modules.
night MODE (Float Controller CI & SI)
As soon as the generator voltage drops below a defined threshold value in the evening, the Float Controller increases the PV field to a high, positive potential thus reversing the polarisation effect that arises during operation.
When the generator voltage rises again over a defined threshold value in the morning, the Float Controller automatically switches to standby mode. Both the threshold values and the maximum output voltage can be individually adapted.
» PADCON Float Controller OPERATES IN PARALLEL OR SERIAL«
- Easy and fast installation
- Approved by many inverter manufacturer
- Day & night mode possible
- RSA Manager separates PV array
- Inverter independent recovery with maximum voltage
- Master-Slave mode possible
» PADCON PID SOLUTION PROTECTS ALL MODULE TYPES «
Float Controller CI
MODULE PROTECTION TO FIGHT THE PID-EFFECT AND TCO-CORROSION
The Float Controller CI is designed for larger PV plants with system voltages from 1000V to 1500V and is the perfect solution for central or string inverters.
- Ideal for central or string inverters
- Connection of up to 20 MPPTs per device thanks to Multi Connector
- Day or night mode selectable
Float Controller SI
MODULE PROTECTION TO FIGHT THE PID-EFFECT
PV plants with string inverters or small central inverters can easily be protected by Float Controller SI. This device handles up to 110kWp and is operating only during inverter inactivity.
- Especially designed for string inverters
- Connection of up to 3 MPPTs per device
- Ideal for small rooftop plants